Holiday Brewless Blues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiedog

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't brewed in 3 weeks, and it just doesn't seem right! Most of my brew days are on the weekend. This year, Christmas and New Year's Eve both are on the weekend. The week or two before Christmas, there are always parties etc. Don't get me wrong, I love the holidays and all the good stuff that goes with them. What am complaining about? All my kegs are full, and there is plenty of beer on tap! Well, I have empty fermenters and half full bags of grain that keep calling out to me. But things are looking up! I may have a brew window the Monday after Christmas!

Cheers, and Happy Holidays! :rockin::mug:

I feel ya... Been 5 weeks for me and I am having withdrawal symptoms lol! New Year's Eve looks best for me to brew my pilsner.

I have a 1 month period of no brewing and it sucks. I made sure all the fermentors were full of lagers to take advantage of the downtime, plus there are 2 batches bottle conditioning and should be in their prime when I get back. So although there is no brewing happening, all my gear is busy working for me.

I'm on a two month hiatus and it's driving me nuts...starting and new job right before thanksgiving puts the brakes on brewing real quick...hopefully after the new year I'll get the imperial brown ale with blood orange brewed that I've been scheming up in my head for the last two months

Same here, but mine is more weather dependent. Haven't brewed in 5 or 6 weeks. But tomorrow is brew day! And I hope to get another in sometime this week.

Is Sunday not a brew option? Besides getting up early, getting to BED early after parties is also an option so you can brew Sunday. It's been 1 week for me but before then it was closer to 3.

Sunday would be a good day to brew for me, except today is Christmas, and there is way too much family stuff happenin' today. Well, I thought I would be able to brew tomorrow, but it looks as though it ain't happenin'. My wife, bless her heart is still working on steaming up about a hundred tamales. After all the work cooking the ingredients and putting them together, they have to be cooked by steaming in big pots. Then we're having a big family Christmas dinner here. So.. there will be lots of clean up tomorrow. Also, I don't have all the ingredients for my brew, and my LHBS doesn't open until 10 am Monday. I think I'll be busy on Tuesday, so maybe Wednesday?

Well, I did finally get my last brew of the year in yesterday. I brewed a variation of Witbier with some Mandarin orange peel and other spices. It had some nice orange aromas going into the fermentor.

Back