Hole size for NA shanks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seedubxj

Reaction score
Just got my perlick SS setup grime rite brew. Wondering what size hole saw I need to get for the shanks? Tried searching but wasn't able to find anything via the iPhone app. Thanks in advance!

I'll take a look at lowes tomorrow. I just found a thread that said 7/8 hole and file away as necessary. But I'll trust you. I assume you've used it in the past.

Yup, got it from KC and used it to make the holes for three shanks in the door to my brew fridge...

5220-50-cal-tap-handles.jpg

4888-shanks-inside1.jpg

IMO, better to get the tool to make the correct size with a single use than to go smaller and use a hand file to try to make it the correct size. Very easy to go a bit too far, or make it out of round, that way.

I hear ya. Hope lowed or home depot have 15/16" bits. Seems like an odd size.

Good luck... You might need to go to a more specialized store to find it locally. Or just get it from a LHBS/online HBS...

BTW, McMaster-Carr has them (no surprise there)...

I have a 1" step bit that I used. I think i went to 7/8" and then a little. I don't think i cut all the way to 15/16". If I used a hole saw I would pick 15/16" over 7/8".

Really couldn't use a step bit through my fridge door. Was easy enough to go through it with the hole saw though. IF I was going through wood, I'd probably just get a wood bit (not a hole saw) and not worry about it. That's probably what I'll end up doing when I setup a keezer (with collar)... :D

Step bit sounds like a good alternative if I can't find the 15/16" bit. Thanks all.

Back