Hole in regulator manifold! Anyone seen this before?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

failbeams

Reaction score
I bought a DIY kegerator kit from kegconnection a few years ago. Put it in a chest freezer and it worked great for years. Then suddenly a few weeks ago I started losing CO2 pretty fast. I figured it was one of the kegs so I used some keg lube on all the seals and pressurized it again. Next day I was out of CO2. I got a refill and sprayed soapy water all over the place, top to bottom. Finally, as I was looking closely at the gauges, I see a tiny jet coming from the back of the manifold! It looks like it was cast too thin or something and it developed a pinhole defect somehow. Anyone ever seen this before? No scratches or punctures to cause it, just a defect in the metal. I have a hard time believing this is a common problem! See the tiny fan of mist in the picture, just to the left of the fitting attached to the black housing of the pressure gauge.

Guess I'm buying a new regulator. It's only money, I suppose. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1470361023.489566.jpg

Back