Hola from the live music capital of the world - Austin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeadWitch

Reaction score
Hola, howdy and hello! New to the site but not to mead making. Sorry guys & gals, I don't do beer, never acquired a taste for it even though the ex loved the stuff. I have been making mead for about 8 years now. (I still have 4 bottles of my first ever mead). :)

I grew up off and on in the south-east corner of Kansas, the Little Balkans area, where it seems everybody has someone in their family that either makes wine or beer. I grew up hearing the wine making stories from my Dad & Mom and getting to taste Ruggie Wilson's homemade Blackberry Wine or Joe Saia's Dago Red. Homemade wine was and is part of the culture there.

Even though I grew up around homemade wine/beer, no one made mead. I got the mead bug a couple of years before I actually made my first batch. A couple of girlfriends I meet on line use to make it and walked me thru my first time. It is extremely satisfying to see a finished bottle of mead just waiting to be opened by friends and family.

Glad to be here and see ya around!

Welcome aboard! The oldest mead I have sitting around is maybe three years old. Hope to keep it as long as yours!

Thanks everyone. Evidently, the mead has gone to my head because I can't count right. I have been making mead since my son was 3 years old and he is gonna be 13 later this month, that makes 10 years not 8 years. Duh!

Wow, HB99, a bottle since 1994! Rock on, bro!

Back