Quantcast

Ho ho ho! What beer gear did Santa get you for Christmas '09?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

punk_rockin2001

Reaction score
I'll start! I got my 12" false bottom for my new 10 gal mash tun! Wooo! Its gonna be a good year!:mug: Merry Christmas everyone!!

Arneba28

Reaction score
I just got a corona grain mill. Not the monster mill I wanted but beggers cant be choosers!!!!

iddqd

Reaction score
I got a 10 liter pot from my mom. I already have a 5 liter pot, so I'll start doing split boils soon. I also got some money, so I'll probably buy some other brewing gear next week.

david_42

Reaction score
Not a thing.:(

Santa's GPS lead him astray and he crashed in Hog Hollow.

BBKing

Reaction score
So far SWMBO got me a beer kit.

I go to my moms here in a few and thats where the real booty will be. I'm hoping gift certificates for my LHBS actually.

Reaction score
Won't find out until around 7 tonight when we to to my parents. Swmbo and I didn't buy for each other cause were going to build a bar instead. So I guess I got $2-300 for a bar build this morning by not opening any presents:)

Desert_Sky

Since 1998
Reaction score
My wife rocks....

Scored a whole bunch of these in various styles. It's our new brewery logo

Reaction score
That's a terrible thing to say about your mom.:D

SWMBO told me I could get all the stuff I needed to upgrade by beer fridge from 1 tap to 3(or 4) taps. :ban:
Your wife is aware that to go from 1 tap to 3-4, you need a monster mill right? :D

My wife rocks....

Scored a whole bunch of these in various styles. It's our new brewery logo
Very cool glasses. I got a set of 4 pint glasses a heavy glass pitcher with a generic logo for my Furnace Room Brewery last year along with a tap happen with the same.

erock2112

Reaction score
Founders Breakfast Stout, Olde Mecklenburg Yule Bock, and a cash wad going straight into some combination of: decent thermometer, refractometer, grain crusher, maybe a turkey fryer, and equipment for converting my chest freezer into a keezer! Awesome.

nebben

Reaction score
2 Corny kegs (that have been scrubbed and refurbished by SWMBO), CO2 lines+beer lines+single regulator, 20lb CO2 tank, bottle tree, and a sweet ass shirt

...and I'm in sunny Arizona for a few more days. Yahoo!

Razorbrew

Reaction score
No equipment per se, but my wife gave me a hand written gift certificate to be used at the beer store. The certificate amount was for infinity. :)

Brewin06111

Reaction score
2 Corny kegs (that have been scrubbed and refurbished by SWMBO), CO2 lines+beer lines+single regulator, 20lb CO2 tank, bottle tree, and a sweet ass shirt

...and I'm in sunny Arizona for a few more days. Yahoo!
Totally ordering that shirt right now... HAHAH

Donner

Reaction score
Designing Great Beers and a $50 gift certificate to my favorite beer store (Brewmasters warehouse, of course) from the wife.

three perlicks, shanks and mounting hardware to convert my fridge to a kegerator from the parents.

Now, the only hard thing to figure out is do i go for ingredients with my certificate or do i upgrade the brewing hardware. Towards a mill perhaps? I've got a good all-grain setup going, so i don't know what to do with it exactly. Maybe a march pump for turning my IC into a whirlpool IC?

trailblazer

Reaction score
9 gallon demijohn, corny with conections, used steel 20lb co2 with regulator. gift certificate visa to get homebrew stuff which bought me another corney keg.

Coastarine

We get it, you hate BMC.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I got carhartt bib duck overalls for brewing in. I need to exchange them for a bigger size tomorrow morning but eventually they will get my name and "brewmaster" either embriodered or on a patch.

Also, $50 to BMW.

HIM_Tattoos

Reaction score
Santa hooked himself up with 2 March pumps, and got hooked up with, a bottle/carboy cleaner, Imperial IPA kit, bottle tree, Zyrmurgy subscription, stir plate and bar, Designing Great Beers by Ray Daniels and How to Brew by John Palmer,and an aeration system.

Fingers

Reaction score
I'm going to be a beer judge! (I hope.) SWMBO enrolled me in an exam. It's a bit of a road trip because there aren't any exams around my area so I'll be travelling to another province in June.

I got an Arduino from my parents to build my electric brew rig, and a selection of various fine beers from around the world from my son.

remilard

Reaction score
I happened to buy everything for the chilling system on my new rig yesterday (minus a spare march pump I had laying around), but that wasn't actually a Christmas present.

No actual brewing related presents, despite my dropping multiple hints about wanting a cold room. Go figure.

PseudoChef

Reaction score
March Pump. 10g batches here I come!

Also, $100 to be spent at RebelBrewer.com - Mother's orders. Yes ma'am. Thinking Beer Gun and either bulk specialty grains or a couple more cornies.

Brew-boy

Reaction score
My wife got me Designing great beers and a clone recipe book. A 5 gallon better bottle a hop bag a Stainless steel racking cane and a bunch of beers I have never had.

azscoob

Brewpub coming soon!
Reaction score
My wife got me a digital scale, a 6 gal better bottle with stopper and another airlock, a Barley Crusher, and all the stuff needed to brew her favorite wheat beer. From my friend I got a new Perlick faucet (couldnt get me 2 as they only had one left at LHBS), he also got me a gift certificate there so I could get the other one. I asked my wife where she got the ingredient list for the wheat, she told me that she went through my brewlog and found the one I made for our halloween party, and bought the stuff from that! I am amazed she kept a smack pack of Wyeast 3068 hidden from me for a week, in my beer fridge, in plain sight next to the other yeast packs!!! I need to keep better inventory!