HJ-2 Stir Plate $29.99 @ Amazon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smata67

Reaction score
This is the best price I've seen on this particular cheap stir plate. There is another model at this price, but it looks like cheap plastic and the control knob might be hard to get at if a large container is being used. I like the stamped steel construction of this one and the front mounted knob. I figured if it crapped out and I needed to replace the innards, this one would be more amenable. Some pics of the guts for good measure. I was about to waste a couple of hours on a DIY version, but I would have had to purchase the stir bars at $10 anyway, so I figure $20 for an already assembled unit was the way to go. I also came across some complaints about the DIY models making noise and rattling, this one appears to do everything right so far.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H6B7DB7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

P3010514.JPG
P3010515.JPG
P3010516.JPG
P3010517.JPG
P3010518.JPG
P3010519.JPG
P3010520.JPG
P3010521.JPG

Last edited:
That looks damn impressive for $30. I like the DIY kit look. Just the kit box, switches, pot, control board, etc. alone would run you more than that. Big beefy magnets and replaceable instrument fuses are nice. If you find it works well I might have to order one just to have a second stirrer on hand.

What's the diameter of the circular plate on top? One concern of mine is the stamped rim of the plate that may make the flask sit a little high. Most Erlenmeyers I've seen have concave bottoms, so that combined with the plate's rim might put the stir bar well above the magnets. Let us know how it runs for you.

Here is the Amazon listing as well as some measurements I took. The transformer is 110/13.2VAC. Uses LM317T voltage regulator. The motor sees 5VDC at full speed. Failure mode here is probably this little motor, replacement motor would be about $2.

YaeCCC HJ-2 Magnetic Stirrer,Stir Plate,Magnetic Mixer with 2 Stir Bars

· Max stir capacity: 1000ml

· 110V 60Hz , US standard plug

· Working Plate is Round, Diameter 120mm ,Material: 304 Stainless Steel

· Stirring speed: 0-2400 rpm adjustable , No Heating

· 2 Stir Bars+ Fuse+ US Plug+ Power Cable +Operational Manual

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

▲Brief Instruction:

HJ-2 Magnetic Heating Agitator is an ameliorated one developed on the basis of HJ-1 magnetic agitator. Power Cable is removable, and more flexible button.
HJ-2 Magnetism Mixer, an ideal essential implement for laboratory technicians, is universally applied in colleges and universities, environment protecting, researching, sanitation, anti-epidemic, petroleum, metallurgy, chemical and medical units.
It is equipped with a DC motor, it can attain 10,000-odd hours continuous motor-load operation. With good performance, no noise and no vibration, it can achieve remarkably good agitating result.

▲Specifications:

1. Power: Single-phase alternating current 110V 60Hz
2. Motor power: 25W
3. Infinite Speed Variation: Starting-2400 rpm
4. Size of working plate: Diameter 120mm

▲ The fitting parts are as follows:

1. Two Stir Bars
2. One l A Spare fuse
3. Instruction

▲Cautions

1. When agitating, if you find the agitator vibrates violently of stops agitation, please cut off the power and inspect the bottom of the beaker to see if it is level and if its position is proper while checking the voltage to see if it is 110V±10V. Other while the irregular phenomena like above will certainly occur.
2. The apparatus can work continuously for 8 hours at a medium speed and for 4 hours at a high speed.
3. If the power is on and he indicator is not lit, please inspect whether motor when power changes and the motor is overloaded. If the fuse is damaged, replace it with the fuse supplied together with the machine or a proper one of the same specification you can find.
4. If the electric motor refuses to turn under the proper power after a long time of operation, please inspect whether the screws connected with the motor's axle are loose. When the magnet drops, please stick it with 502 glue available on the market. Pay attention to the cleaning and poles of the magnet.

Internal Parts:

Transformer: 110VAC/13.2VAC

Motor sees 5VDC at full speed.

LM317T

1000uF/25V

71aAyOK1UtL._SL1500_.jpg

Back