High temp Silicone Bumpers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p40whk

Reaction score
I can't seem to find any anywhere and have done numerous searches. I'd like to put some silicone pads on my brew sculpture to keep my pots from sliding around as well as keep them from scratching up the stand but I can't find anything high temp.

Anyone have a source for these or recommend an alternative?

I can't seem to find any anywhere and have done numerous searches. I'd like to put some silicone pads on my brew sculpture to keep my pots from sliding around as well as keep them from scratching up the stand but I can't find anything high temp.

Anyone have a source for these or recommend an alternative?

Why not make your own from silicone?

Sure. Doesn't have to be RTV though sense is a non food contact surface. Just regular old silicone will work.

Yes, not sure the solution is i assume this is a propane setup? Do you know how hot it gets? Silicone is only really useable up to 500F continous, 650 in short spurts...I'd imagine near the bottom of a keg/pot on propane would get much warmer than 500?

Why not just get a cheap silicone baking sheet? You would be able to cut it to any size you need.

Not necessarily. There are types of silicone that are rated higher then others. But 100% silicone is rated from -100 to 250C. So regular silicone will work. Unless you already have the RTV that will of course work to.

I don't have the silicone yet.

It's a propane setup and I couldn't imagine it getting hotter than 500 degrees F since it only take about 212 degrees F to boil wort. Yes the pots would be a bit hotter but I doubt twice as hot.

I was really hoping there would be some stick on pads available but was surprised to find nothing. I do like the idea of cutting up a baking sheet though.

Back