High pressure vs. low pressure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe you will get more heat with the high pressure one you show. The low pressure one is more easily converted to natural gas in the future if you desire to. Obviously you will burn more fuel with the high pressure burner, don't know which is more efficient however. You could buy an adjustable 40 psi regulator and launch a rocket with that combo of high pressure burner/reg.

I use the larger 10" low pressure burner with NG and it works well.

I have just seen a lot of people on here use the banjo burners so I assumed they might have been better than the others for a specific reason. I will be using propane and keggles if that helps any.

The high pressure burner will focus more heat on a smaller area. The low pressure will not get as hot but will distribute the heat over a bigger area. I would go with the low pressure one personally.

Neither. Get the high pressure banjo that's 210K btu and 11" in diameter (BG14).

Unless you're using it for a recirculating mash... then get the low pressure. For everything else bigger is better.

Between those two, the high pressure one unless it's recirculating mash. The diffusion burners (the high pressure one you listed) concentrate heat in a spot at the center, but it's fine for kettle or water and great for 5 gal brews.

Back