High OG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_Ale

Reaction score
I made a fig wine must today, I checked my gravity and its 1.110?
I have Montrachet yeast do you think with proper yeast care it will finish this wine dry? Should I dillute it back some?
I was suppose to use a teaspoon and a half of nutrient but I only had 1 teaspoon. The only other thing I have is servomyces that I use in beer, not sure if its good in wine though?

Oh, sure, I think you'll be fine. Montrachet should finish that dry- I'm not sure what the alcohol tolerance is, but I know it's pretty high. A little nutrient is fine, but your fig must probably has enough of everything it needs to get going. The only issue I see is that your wine will be nearly 16% ABV, and it'll be HOT for a couple of years. You may want to consider mixing up another couple of quarts of must and cutting that down a little (using no sugar) to get your sg in the 1.095 range. Or consider topping up with water when you rack, if your must has enough flavor.

Back