High FG fix

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joejaz

Reaction score
When my beer finishes above 1.012, it's too sweet for my taste. At 1.010 it 's dry but easy drinking. I have three batches in my basement right now that are undrinkable. I just did a heffe for the first time og 1.062 - fg 1.012. I'm not sure what it's supposed to taste like since the only wheat beer I have ever tried was Blue Moon. It finished too sweet for my taste. I squeezed a slice of an orange in it and it tastes 100% better. I did that to a holiday brew my son made that was undrinkable and it improved that one greatly also. Is there something with the acidity of the orange that cuts the sweetness. Has anybody else found this to be so. I am going to test the other two brews to see how it effects them. What's the reason they give you a slice of lime with a Corona?

The reason they put limes into corona is so the citric acid covers up the inevitable skunk aroma because it's in clear bottles. As to your sweetness problem, 1.012 is pretty standard for most ales. It could be maybe you're not adding enough bittering hops to your brews? If the hops are old and stale, you may need to add more so the bitterness and sweetness balance each other out.

Back