Hi.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3dB Brewing

Reaction score
Hi. 3dB Brewing stands for my (kids') three dogs. It's capitalized that way 'cause I'm also an electronics geek.

This adventure started last Christmas when my daughter got me a Mr. Beer kit and Chris Colby's Recipe Bible. The ale was predictably meh, but it set the hook. I found a local supply store, bought the starter kit, told all my friends to save their non-screw-cap bottles, and I just put up my 23rd 5-gal batch (a keep a log -- like I said, geek).

I've settled into a DME plus partial mash routine. It's manageable on the stovetop; doesn't take all day; and the results have been (mostly) fantastic. Ales, dubbels, and porters so far (and one pumpkin), but I scored a used refrigerator, so I'm going to take a shot at lagers as well. I'm also on the cusp of taking the kegging plunge.

There's an amazing wealth of homebrew information on the Intertubes, but I've found mostly articles. Helpful for sure, but I much prefer a forum like this, where for every great idea, somebody has a diametric opinion! I've been reading the keggerator threads; I suspect I'll be hacking on one by spring.

Back