Hi I'm Shayn in San Jose CA...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shayn80

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new, like many here to Home Brewing, and Monday will be my first day making an attempt at making a batch of Hefeweizen with my Buddy Ben. I'll be using a 7 gallon Al Brew Pot and two Glass Carboy's. My goal is a two year plan this year will be to make 6 batchs of beer working upward from German Hefeweizen to American Hefeweizen, to and Amber Ale and Brown Ale ending with A lager and with any luck a Dunkel. However, none of that is set in stone for the first year as all my brewing will be done in my Apartment. The second year goal that runs with the first year goal is to build/buy a brewing sculpture that includes a conical fermenter, but that is far enough down the line I'm justr putting pennys's in a jar for now. Looking forward to meeting others here and learning as much as I can and sharing all I can as well. I figure with the mistakes I make I can help others avoid and with any successes I have I can help other's aswell. So here's to brewing with friends and making new ones:mug: Cheers!

Welcome from a brewer just north of ya! Be sure to check out More Beer in Los Altos as they are very helpful. There is also a store, Fermentation Solutions, in Campbell on Winchester. I only stop in there to pick up small things More Beer may have been out of, so I don't know if they are as helpful.

Welcome to HBT! Your plans for the first year are admirable, but keep in mind that once you taste that first brew, you might not want to be brewing lagers so soon. Especially after reading what all goes into brewing a quality lager.

Then again, it's a great goal to set for yourself, and certainly attainable if you put your mind to it. Good luck, and good brewing! :mug:

@MBasile, thank you for the advice just stopped by Fermentation Solutions in Campbell just today to pick-up a few items missing from my kit.
@llazy llama, thank you as well for the heads-up on the Lager, I really do hope to get to all-grain brewing but I'm pretty happy with my set-up so far. I'll be posting pictures realtime tomorrow when I begin brewing and I'll be looking forward to hearing peoples advice and comments as I go.
@DragonTail, thank you too!

Back