Hi Everyone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sddingman

Reaction score
Glad I found this forum!

I am a chemist by training, and a wine drinker by choice. Haven't been in the lab for a while and the homemade bug got me. A few years ago started making my own Lemoncello after a trip to Italy, and on batch 4. I think I make a great digestif, but I am biased. Just tried Limecello (pictured) below. Needs some tweaking but its drinkable.

Also just started doing all organic wines (no sulfites, etc..), started with Rhubarb, which is a beloved flavor for me, and yes skip the strawberries. First batch is ageing and clarifying, initial taste is good and I love the color (also below). Going to grab some peaches for the next recipie.

For my normal wine consumption, I do drink very dry reds, especially Italian Brunellos, as I love almost anything from the sangiovese grape. But I have open flavor profiles for non-grape wines. I also love malty rich ales, scotch and bourbon (the later two neat). Most vacations I take involve a stop at a few wineries or distillery.

Home wine-making and liqeur making is keeping the quarantine boredom away. Hope it is for you all as well.

Drop a line and teach me what you like to make.

Attachments

• Limecello.jpg
    Limecello.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 20200813_rhubarb wine.jpg
    20200813_rhubarb wine.jpg
    903.8 KB · Views: 2
Welcome to the community! I'm a beer and cider guy myself...if either is unavailable my very limited wine palette likes a Pinot Grigio or Persecco.

Hope you find the info you're looking for here and share the knowledge you've gained!

:mug:

Back