Hey Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brucepepper

Reaction score
I'm going to Michigan next weekend and I'm hoping to buy some of the "classic" beers that I can't get here at home.(Ontario) I've read many discussions about SNPA, Stone Ruination, Dogfish head, and Rogue beers but have never tasted any of them. I'm just wondering what store(s) in Port Huron carry most of these beers. I'll be staying at the Thomas Edison Inn so if there's a store nearby that would be ideal, but I'm definately willing to go out of my way to make a good purchase. Also, please feel free to recommend any other 'must try' beers.

All of the above are good beers, but if you're going to Michigan I would suggest grabbing brews by Bells, New Holland, and, especially, Jolly Pumpkin (all made in state). If you're living at all close to the Buffalo/Niagara Falls border, I can point you in the direction of some decent beer stores that have the names you mentioned. And, if you haven't already, make your way through Quebec's Unibroue offerings - they're a fantastic brewery.

Unibroue is great, I used to live in Montreal and so I have tried them. I will definately keep an eye out for those other beers you mentioned. Do you know of any stores in Port Huron that carries them?

Back