HERMS Coil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phendog

Reaction score
Bought a HERMS coil and whirlpool from Stainless Brewing. Great stuff - good prices. Installed, leak tested and ready to brew tomorrow morning. Belgian Triple on deck.
IMG_1043.jpg
IMG_1042.jpg

My god that looks shiny.

But, is it the sunglasses I had to put on because of all that bling, or don't you have o-rings on the outside?

My god that looks shiny.

But, is it the sunglasses I had to put on because of all that bling, or don't you have o-rings on the outside?
Yep, the o-rings are on the inside and outside. Just cant see them in the picture.

I plan on installing a coil onto my keg and was thinking on adding ball valves too. Are they necessary?

I plan on installing a coil onto my keg and was thinking on adding ball valves too. Are they necessary?

You’ll want one on the inlet ( or bottom) side so you can disconnect hoses without leaking all the coil contents all over the place.

You’ll want one on the inlet ( or bottom) side so you can disconnect hoses without leaking all the coil contents all over the place.

Learned that lesson today during my first run with the new coil. I will definitely install a ball valve on the bottom.

Hi! When you installed your herms coil, did you put a silicon o ring on the outside? When I try to tighten down the nut, the o ring kinks up and it doesn’t tighten well. I’m thinking of just going with and prong on the inside and a washer in the outside.

Back