herbal sour mash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grod1

Reaction score
So im about to do this right now but i wanted to see what you guys think about it.Sour mash110-120F with only flowers and herbs.Ill knock it up with yogurt purge it same as normal.
I can add wheat dme if someone here thinks i will greatly benefit from it.
So yeah "tea" kettle, what do you guys think?
I'm off to collect rose hips and solidago flowers. please comment.

edit- this fell threw i happened upon to many wild grapes and black berries to pass up the opportunity. i will do this experiment sometime this week.
please anyone share input.

I got the herbs today, took only 20 mins to get way more then needed. I brought them home and pulled the flowers off the stalk.Right now im waiting for my water to drop down a bit from 130F. I probably should use dme or honey to bring my gravity up to 1.020 but i dont want to waste anything on this experiment yet.
I will just use 6 oz dextrose to the 2.6 gallon torpedo keg i am using for the " herbal sour kettle"
I looked up solidago tea since that is the plant im using and i found something that said 2 tsp a cup so i did some math and ended up with 2 cups of flowers.In weight it came out to 8 oz. anyway, thanks for the the insight guys its great to talk with people that like brewing, not all at once with your original thoughts now.

edit-
i finished this first one up. i would share results if anyone cares but it doesn't seem that way. ill keep my findings to myself...

Latest posts

Back