Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firestorm159

Reaction score
I doubt anybodies up this late but I just got through filling 2 cases of my first homebrew went to cap the first bottle, I apparently applied to much pressure and broke my frigging bottle caper. Now I have 2 cases of beer sitting in bottles with sanitized caps just sitting on them That I cant cap. please any suggestions would be deeply appreciated!!!::(:(:(

Look up how to use a hammer to cap them, all the advice I can offer

Brahahahaha

As long as there's cap sitting on all the bottles nothing is getting in them right? Let em sit and get a capper asap! Perhaps they'll be slightly under carbed in the end but, I wouldn't worry alot. Don't dump them back into a bucket or they will get oxigenated, my only advice.

I've had a couple homebrews at this point other wise i'd think of some mcgyver like techinque to cap them suckers with! like a piece of cheese and some shoestring

I set a sanitized cap on them I don't know what else to do. I have a buddy I may be able to get a capper from tomorrow. On top of everything else were having a snow storm so I don't now if I will be able to get it from him. I think I'm scewed!!!!!!!!!!!

This is late. If you are still there with uncapped bottles wrap the top of each one with a foil cover. The priming sugar will ferment out. Some CO2 will be produced to form a light protective layer on top of your beer. think of each bottle as a mini fermentor.

Try removing the bell from your capper and tapping the bottle caps on with a rubber mallet or piece of 2 x 4. Capping this way was a common method a while ago. Be gentle. Bottles used to be stronger a while ago also.

To reprime the carbonation tabs may be the best choice. Safer than trying to measure a priming solution into each bottle.

Pick up the Super Agata bench capper. Fast and easy to use.

I tried removing the bell and using a hammer with no luck. I can use my friends capper here in about 4 hours but I have no fizz drops or whatever so I guess Ill have flat beer. Thanks

Back