help!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gingerpower12

Reaction score
My brew is not bubble is it still ok I put in my closet I think it got cold an did it go bad or is it still good

I use a seedling mat and I cover it maybe that would help do u think any idea would help thanks

I have a 5 gallon batch of beer an it stop bubbleing an Idk why I was say maybe because I closet got to cool so put it next to the heater all day nothing so idk what to do it my first brew

Thanks I will
I need to learn to wait not jump the gun I check tomarrow
Gingerpower

The OG needs to be taken before fermentation starts - that is, before pitching your yeast. If your 1.050 was what your hydrometer read after your beer had fermented for a couple of days, then you might have a stuck fermentation (in other words, your yeast has stopped making alcohol).

If your temp. didn't get below 50 degrees, it should still be working strong...unless you're using Lager yeast, in which case you'll be good well below 50 degrees. Really, we all need some more information to give you a real good answer.

More than likely, you're being a nervous nelly and everything is A-ok. The 1st beer I ever brewed - a dry stout kit - only bubbled for one day and then stopped...and the bubbles weren't anything impressive. It turned out to be over 5% and just fine.

Again, knowing what yeast you used, the temp. you kept it at, and when you took your first hydrometer reading. Godspeed! There's a 97% chance you're totally fine.

Did you take a hydrometer reading before you threw the yeast in? What was that number?
What kind of beer and what kind of yeast?

Cool
But I used champagne yeast that all I had on hand so will help I add other pack or add more yeast
The frist of I took it was the same 1.050 so well it turn out
Thanks for the help
Gingerpower

Agreed - that yeast should be going hungry-hungry-hippo all over that brew! You should be able to hear a slight wooshing sound as the sugar is sucked in one side of the yeast and shot out the other side. Haha! (Just kidding of course - I'd hate for you to be down on all fours with an ear pressed against your carboy ;))

You should aerate your carboy/bucket. Take a sanitized spoon or paddle and stir the heck outta your brew - really slosh it around! You wouldn't want to do this after fermentation has begun, but if your OG hasn't changed, your yeast might just need more oxygen to do its thing.

Let us know how she turns out!

Back