Help!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owarzecha

Reaction score
Ok I have a problem Ive NEVER had before... I am brewing two types right now, an amber and a corona style..... I always rehydrate the yeast in cooled , boiled water before pitching and always worked great. I did this as normal, woke up the next day, and no bubles..... wort temp is around 67 +/-.... so i thought great this isnt good, I waited until evenint and bought some more yeast ..... same process only this time I added a little wort to yeast slowy to "condition it"...... about 2 hours later my corona had some nice bubbles coming out and i thought all was good.... woke up this morning to nothing again with both of them.

Do you think I should add a third packet tonight? what the heck is going on? My temps are good... there is plenty of sugar left.... Im getting worried I am going to ruin both batches? any help is appreciated!

Sometimes it's not obvious when fermentation is happening. Since you've used two packages of yeast, I have to assume you have plenty of yeast in there.

Do you have a hydrometer? If you do, you can take a reading and see if the SG is dropping at all. That will let you know what's going on.

I'd wait at least 72 hours before doing anything else, though!

Welcome to HBT!

Slow down and relax. It is probably fermenting just fine. Only your hydrometer knows. You probably just have a leak somewhere in your fermenter which is why you are not seeing bubbles.

Ok ill slow down and have a beer :) Its wierd though because this is like my 15th batch or so and Ive never had this problem....I guess Im just Impatient :)

Back