Help with Water Report!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zionoraca

Reaction score
Hello I am trying to make sense of my water report. It is my first AG batch and trying not to make it too complicated but if the water is just way off I don't want a bad batch. I am making a brown 1.046 OG. The water tastes good with just a hint of chlorine taste/smell. The report says 2011 but I was told it remains very similar.

http://www.sws-sssd.org/pdfs/water-quality.pdf

Is there anything simple I could do to get it close to right without having a full line of salts? Thanks

Is it just me or is there a blank page ? I can't see any values that you need to judge your water on such as calcium, magnesium, sodium, bicarb. All I can see are your sulfate and chloride and they are pretty low it seems. It may be my pc, but the page above OUR MISSION is blank and I don't think its supposed to be idk

There isn't enough information on that sheet to be definitive. However, the report does indicate that the chloride and sulfate are quite low. In addition, the total dissolved solids are low. Therefore, the Ca and Mg and HCO3 are also low. Can't tell how low...just low. This should be an excellent brewing water. Use the recommendations of the Water Primer or try out Bru'n Water when you have sent a sample off to Ward for testing.

Yes this is all the information I have on the water at this time. I will have a full sample from ward for my next batch. I'm glad to hear that this water should be excellent for brewing. You mentioned using the recommendations of the Water Primer? What does this mean?

The primer is stickied to the top of this thread. I'm assuming from what mabrungard your water can be considered close enough to 'ro' water that you can follow the recommendations as if it were for the time being.

Back