Help with this Golden Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppy_Brother

Reaction score
Dear friends I am looking for a beer with medium body, low bitterness, citrus and slightly spicy flavors, intense fruity aroma. Having said that, I show you my recipe, waiting for some advice to reach my goal.
--------------------------------
Target OG: 1.060
Target IBU: 25
5 gallones batch
-------------------------------
Maris Otter 8.8 lb
Vienna 3.3 lb
Munich 1.1 lb
Carapils 1.1 lb
-----------------------------------
(0.2oz) Magnum (11% AA) @90 min
(0.6oz) Amarillo (8% AA) @15 min
(3.5oz) Coriander seeds @5 min (do i have to crush it? do I need more or less?)
(1.1oz) Amarillo (8% AA) @0 min

Yeast: MJ M42

Cheers !!;)

The only thing I can offer is that I don't think it looks like a golden ale. But it might meet your goals.

Here is what I came up with:

8lbs maris otter

1lbs Vienna

1lbs Munich

1lbs carapils

.5 oz magnum(11%) @ 60 mins

~23 ibu

~1.061 og

~6.77 SRM

Any addition of the Amarillo I would add at flameout.

Not sure about the coriander, I would leave it whole for sure. The amount I guess depends on how much of it you want to taste. 3.5oz seems like a lot to me though.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Any addition of the Amarillo I would add at flameout.

Not sure about the coriander, I would leave it whole for sure. The amount I guess depends on how much of it you want to taste. 3.5oz seems like a lot to me though.

Hope this helps, good luck!

I would like to know if you had a bad experience using amarillo for flavor. Thank you !

Never had a bad experience. If you add any more hops to the boil, it will turn out more bitter than your target.

Back