Help with tap water report please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canihaveurpants

Reaction score
I contacted my water company and received a water report for my area. I am pretty clueless as to how to go about interpreting if this water is good for brewing. I do full boil extract batches and have been adding one-quarter of a campden tablet per 6 gallons of batch water. Should I continue using my tap water based on this report? Also, my tap water tastes fine to me I am just not sure if the report shows information that would discourage some of you from using it. Thanks!

water.jpg

Yah looks like good clean water. I don't know what the hardness was because I never measured that but I'd say you're water is great. Almost nothing in it.

Plus....if its go of enough to rink its good enough to make beer with. Right?

Might be a better section for this, like AG brewing, or brew science, or something besides extract brewing. Most extract brewers aren't all that concerned about water chemistry, as most of it's in the extract and you usually just want to use distilled water. Although I guess there could be exceptions, still maybe try the other forums.

Back