Help with Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borovy3488

Reaction score
I'm feeling pretty stupid right now. A couple of months ago I bought some kegging equipment from a guy on craigslist. I am just now getting around to putting my keezer together, and got the new co2 tank today. I hooked up my regulator, ran a hose to one of my kegs, and turned the co2 on. When I did, it was just a blast of co2. Coming from the connection between the regulator and the tank. Is there any way to save this regulator? Am I missing an internal piece between the two? If not I guess I'll have to spring for a new regulator. Here's some pictures, maybe it will help diagnose the problem (sorry for the crappy quality, its cell phone pictures).

Thanks for any help!

2012-01-03_19-11-37_872.jpg

2012-01-03_19-11-56_545.jpg

2012-01-03_19-12-11_817.jpg

NO WAY!!! :ban::ban::ban:

I was hoping it would be a fairly easy fix, but that's even better! Thanks for looking, I really appreciate the offer.

Alright!

I found my stash- I didn't have any when I got my regulator, so I bought 5 of them a while back! I'll mail you one if you PM me your name and address. It'll go out tomorrow.

Alright!

I found my stash- I didn't have any when I got my regulator, so I bought 5 of them a while back! I'll mail you one if you PM me your name and address. It'll go out tomorrow.

PM sent! Thanks again for the help, it is much appreciated! :mug:

Those things are a PITA. I was moving my kegging setup from house to house because of the holidays and when I went to keg one of my beers today I had a panic attack cause I thought I lost that thing. Luckily it was just in another bag of mine. Definitely buying 10 of them next time I order online. Not worth the stress of worrying where it ran off to.

Those things are a PITA. I was moving my kegging setup from house to house because of the holidays and when I went to keg one of my beers today I had a panic attack cause I thought I lost that thing. Luckily it was just in another bag of mine. Definitely buying 10 of them next time I order online. Not worth the stress of worrying where it ran off to.

Yep- I ordered 5 last time because I found myself missing it when I had my tank refilled. No hardware store I know carries anything like it, but Amerigas gave me a "disposable" one made of felt and cardboard to get me through one keg.

I found a spare to send borovy in my purse. I'm probably one of the few women you know who has spare keg and regulator parts in her purse. :drunk:

Yep- I ordered 5 last time because I found myself missing it when I had my tank refilled. No hardware store I know carries anything like it, but Amerigas gave me a "disposable" one made of felt and cardboard to get me through one keg.

I found a spare to send borovy in my purse. I'm probably one of the few women you know who has spare keg and regulator parts in her purse. :drunk:

BAHAHA! That's just awesome. :rockin:

Maybe I could get SWMBO to start carrying around random brewing parts I may need in her purse. Hmmmmm...

I have a bag of these zip tied to every regulator so I always have a bunch, because they are a PITA. When I used to fill CO2 tanks we put a washer in a little blue cap to go over the valve outlet, they suck.

I received the piece in the mail today, and everything is working perfectly!!! Thanks again, Yooper!

I received the piece in the mail today, and everything is working perfectly!!! Thanks again, Yooper!

Oh, good! I'm glad it worked out for you with such an easy fix!

The next time you order, just grab about half a dozen- you'll be glad you did! They seem to get lost, break, or just seemingly disappear into thin air at times:drunk:.

Back