Help with potty-humor concept....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howabouttheiris

Reaction score
Hey all,

Not asking for anyone to draw me up anything, but interested in any ideas that you may have to inspire a logo.

Due to the off-color nature of my brewery name, I suspect any response could be entertaining.

Anyway....

So my brother and I started homebrewing, and we got pretty good at it (by good at it, I mean that many of the locals choose it out a fridge that contains commercial options or even join me on brew day to take away a fermentor full). Unfortunately several of our friends have had issues with the suspended yeast and it had become fairly notorious/famous/infamous for its gastroentestinal effects.

There is an old saying that when one is very loose of stool that they could "scat thru the eye of a needle at 40 paces". Don't believe me, check the urban dictionary. So it kinda stuck and we were dubbed "40 Paces Brewery".

I have embraced this by naming all my brews with a touch of this potty humor theme. One of our best was a roasted oatmeal chocolate stout dubbed "Burns on the Whey Stout" There is also "Number 2 Ale", "Touched Cloth Tappist" .... anyway you get the point.

I have tried several simple drawings of the name surrounded by a needle with the thread crossing the t, but nothing has stuck.

Any suggestions?

Do like Lone Star does on their bottle caps. Make a pictogram(ideogram, not sure what it's called) to make the title. Picture of a Turd+Needle Eye+40+Paces

A duel scene with the two participants back to back. One is a needle and the other is a guy holding a beer.

For those that need the context, in a duel both men start back to back, walk a number of paces, turn and shoot. Don't want to see the outcome of this one though... :)

Do like Lone Star does on their bottle caps. Make a pictogram(ideogram, not sure what it's called) to make the title. Picture of a Turd+Needle Eye+40+Paces

'EllisTX', they are called "rebus puzzles". I also like this idea. However, if you wanted to go another route, you can have a needle "spearing" some hops, in front of an outhouse with "40 Paces" on the door... Or something to that effect. (It looks good in my head, but just can't find a way to put it into words.)

If the date was April 1, this would make more sense. You seriously think it is a good idea to associate the thought of excrement and your beer?

i'm the least artistic person in the world, so i can't draw it or do sketch-up or anything, but in my mind, i'm seeing a growler of beer letting loose on top of a screen door. Maybe change the stout to "****-through-a-screendoor-stout"

I'm gross, i know... but i like it that way.

Icon ideas--
-Out house
-underwear with skid marks
-toilet bowl

Thought the beer names were fun; here's a couple off the top of my head...
-"Sharts" Ale
-"Loose Deuce" Porter
-"Come on Ice Cream!" Milk Stout

Latest posts

Back