Help with PID- solenoid valve diagram

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinV

Reaction score
Hello I've been having problems lately with my wiring on my brewing sculpture, I bought a RKC Rex c100 PID, and some echotec solenoid valves, after connecting everything, I had no troubles except for one thing, I don't know how to control my solenoid via the PID, in fact, I don't know how the wiring is between these two components, my PID came with a solid state relay, I would apreciate it very much if someone could tell me how to do these connections, cheers!

I am looking into this as well, and I have not seen a "primer" for working with a pid and automating a gas setup....

Plumbing should be like this except where the ball valve is the soleniod would go

jetc200pilotinstalledb.jpg

I have pretty much the same configuration CCBrewer, thank you very much for your help, my problem is mainly the wiring, my plumbing setup is ready to go!

I think you and I may have the same valves mine are echotec but I am wondering if I will use them after all.

Everyone on here seems to oppose a HP system that has some automation....

Hello I've been having problems lately with my wiring on my brewing sculpture, I bought a RKC Rex c100 PID, and some echotec solenoid valves, after connecting everything, I had no troubles except for one thing, I don't know how to control my solenoid via the PID, in fact, I don't know how the wiring is between these two components, my PID came with a solid state relay, I would apreciate it very much if someone could tell me how to do these connections, cheers!

Chances are the PID cannot handle the current for the coil on he solenoid, so you have the SSR. You will need to wire the PID to one side of the SSR and the solenoid an a separate power supply in series with the solenoid. Basically you will use the PID and SSR to "flip the switch" and turn on or off the solenoid.

Guy I bought mine from said they would, as he had them running off 2352's but I have not tried it yet, I went a different route with low pressure, and have no need for my solenoids presently, I could use them for the pilot system but it was recommended to use a 1/4 or 3/8 valve instead of the 1/2" I have, I guess I could use on gas in before the honeywell's instead of a ball valve, so if the power dies, even the pilots go out....

Back