Help with over carbed kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tek210

Reaction score
Have a keezer setup and a couple weeks back the probe for the temp controller came out but I did not know it. So for 2 days the freezer was on non-stop and froze everything pretty solid. After about 5 days everything thawed out. On the first couple pours it was quite flat so I threw the PSI up to 30 for a day like I had done when I first put them on tap.

Well now when I pour from either I am getting a ton of foam. 80% of glass is foam on the pours. I have "burped" the kegs several times and have also lowered the PSI to 8. But I am still not seeing any better results.

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to get this back to a clean pour.

Thanks in advance for any tips.
Joe

You could try and shut off co2 and bleed out the carbonation in the headspace - then serve at a low psi and see what happens

Watched the YouTube video and that did the trick. Thanks so much for the tip. Good to have the tasty beer back. Going to be a fun Friday.

Back