Help with Mosaic Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mewithstewpid

Reaction score
Just wanted to get some opinions on an APA designed to highlight the new mosaic hop. I'm pretty set on using s-04, but other than that i have more hops and grain to add.

3 Gallon Batch
OG 1.05
IBU 40

6lb (90%) Pearl Malt
.33 (5%) White Wheat Malt
.33 (5%) Caramel 60 (or maybe caravienne??)

Mash at 150 for 75 minutes

.35 oz Horizon 60 min (25 IBU)
.5 oz Mosaic 15 min (15 IBU)
.75 oz Mosaic 0 min (with 30 min hop stand at 170deg)

.75 Mosaic Dry Hop 5 Days

Carbonate to 2.0vol c02

ferment with s-04

Suggestions??????

-Rich

Looks tasty to me. If you insist on using S-04, keep it cool. It gets weird and estery much above 65. I would go with something cleaner, myself.

Also, 2 volumes CO2 is going to taste almost flat on this beer, you should go to 2.5 for a standard american ale.

Looks tasty to me. If you insist on using S-04, keep it cool. It gets weird and estery much above 65. I would go with something cleaner, myself.

Also, 2 volumes CO2 is going to taste almost flat on this beer, you should go to 2.5 for a standard american ale.

thanks for the advice on the carbonation. I always like to go on the low side since my calculations of volume and temperature always seems to be a little low. I will def up to vol c02 tho.

also, congrats on the brewery!

Let us know how this beer turns out. I picked some up from Niko Brew a few weeks ago and am interested in how the hops taste

will do. Most likely will be 2 weeks. My band has 2 shows this weekend so i dont think i can fit a brew day in, but you never know

Back