Help with ipa hopping schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canfield30

Reaction score
Steep .75-1 lb crystal 40 @ 150-155 30-45 minutes. 1 oz warrior @ 60 with 3# extra light dme. Got 6 oz citra and 4 oz amarillo and 2 oz centennial. 4.5 # dme at fo how to hop? Oh forgot 3#. @ start of boi.

In an Amarillo/Citra IPA I made a couple of months ago, I just late-hopped with great success (4 gal batch) - bittered to 40 IBU with Magnum, then added half an ounce each of Amarillo and Citra at 10 mins and 5 mins, then a full ounce each at flame-out, with the immersion chiller turned on almost right away to get the beer down to pitching temp in ~10 mins. Dry hopped with only an ounce of each and got a spectacularly hoppy aroma and flavour.

With the quality of hop oils you have there, hopefully you can chill quickly to preserve the aromas, and add late for the same reason. If not, I'd reduce the flame-out hop and add that on to the dry hop.

Back