Help with Intertap Faucets please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robby6pack

Reaction score
I just took 2 intetap faucets off of my keezer, that worked fine and tried to put them on a tower keggerator. They both leak at the point where the faucets screw onto the shank. The metal ring in picture 1 hits the bottom of the threads in picture 2 before the oring (seal) in picture 3 seals against the metal ring in picture 4. I think I probably know the answer, but I'm going to ask. Can I get thicker gaskets (o-rings, seals)? The o-rings that come in these fit in a recessed area. If not, what is a decent shank to buy? I have 2 faucets that are at the same height on my tower. The shanks that are on them have barbed connections the bend 90 degrees. What size do I need if they are straight? Any help is appreciated.
1a.jpg
2a.jpg
3a.jpg
4a.jpg

Thanks.

That's weird. While I've read of certain faucets with sliding shuttles have had trouble with certain shanks, it was the shuttle interference, not the basic coupling - which is supposed to be "standard".

Before you go swapping shanks, have you tried using two shank O-rings? Might just work.
Otherwise, your tower likely uses shanks that looks like this:

12k03201.jpg

...which you can get lots of places, including here. But I would not expect there would be anything special about them wrt threading to a faucet. If you want a straight tower shank and use a 90° tail piece those are also available, but again I would not count on any replacement fixing this specific problem...

Cheers!

I can't quite tell from the picture, but do you have an o-ring in the tower shank AND one in the faucet? I just looked at some spare tower shanks I have and there is no o-ring in them. If there is an o-ring on both pieces it may be difficult to engage the threads enough to seal.

Does this happen for both faucets and shanks? If not maybe bad/rough threads on one of the shanks?

Last edited:
The only washer/oring/seal is in picture 3. These faucets worked just fine on my other shanks on another kegerator. I believe that I’m going to have to get new short tower shanks. My Perlick faucet works just fine on these two shanks. Did I mention that both of my Intertap faucets leaks on both of the shanks.

If not seated in the teeth on the inside and also not tight enough it will leak. I just replaced my beer line( which sucks doing with a tower) and I didn’t tighten it enough it started to leak when the tap was closed. Quick righty tighty and it sealed. I have intertaps on generic tower and shanks. Also, one shank has a shorter bend than the other one can go over that

Back