Help with hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumbapoindexter

Reaction score
Can you guys give me some ideas I have a little less than a pound of whole leaf east kent golding 3.6% AA I have no idea what to do with them. My wife would really like a hefeweizen but I dont know if this can be done with EKG. Any ideas folks?

Can you guys give me some ideas I have a little less than a pound of whole leaf east kent golding 3.6% AA I have no idea what to do with them. My wife would really like a hefeweizen but I dont know if this can be done with EKG. Any ideas folks?

Sure, you could use them in a Hefeweizen.

It's not really true to style in the sense of being a German hop, but you want low AA for a hefeweizen anyway. The hops don't really stand out in a hefeweizen. It will probably take you multiple batches to go through that volume of hops though.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I haven't tried a Heffeweizen with E. K. Goldings, that I can recall, but you could give it a go. Since East Kent Goldings are from England, it would also be a nice idea to make a Bitter with an English yeast strain, or you could even make a stout, I suppose.

Back