help with hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EPS

Reaction score
Im about to brew a coopers no boil IPA and i wanted to hop it up a little now i have 1oz of cascade hop pellets i was going to just boil up some water then add the hop pellets to that and then strain them out and add that water to the fermenter would that be ok and if so how long should i boil them for before adding the water to the fermenter with the no boil extract thanks for any advice EPS

depend on what your going for... bitterness, flavor, or aroma. longer (hour or so) for bittering. 30 or so for flavoring. 15 or so for aroma. at least that's the general times for a regular boil... I'm only guessing it would work the same way for just making a hop tea.

I have never done a no boil recipe so I cant give you much advice but I would do the recipe as per instructions let it ferment and dry hop with the cascade about a week before bottling with the cascade you cant go wrong with dry hopping cascade in an IPA.

Back