Help with hopping with fruity hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coreygrado

Reaction score
I'm trying to make a really crisp dry pale ale and I have the following hops on hand. I want it to have a really fruity dank aroma and flavor. Should I just dry hop the crap out? I have mosaic, el dorado, sterling, cascade, ctz. I was thinking of adding a 60 min bittering addition then loading it up on the whirlpool. Then dry hopping. Never used mosaic or el dorado. Heard they're both pretty fruity. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Did something similar for the last brew.

60 min - 0.75 oz Citra, 0.25 oz Magnum
20 min - 0.5 oz Falconer's Flight, 0.5 oz Palisade
5 min - 0.5 oz Falconer's Flight, 0.5 oz Palisade

Planning to dryhop with 1oz Glacier. The aroma is busting out of the fermentation fridge as is.

I'd go with lots of late low AA% additions in the 20 - 0 min range instead of a ton of dry hopping.

If you want to get crazy with it perhaps you could look into making a hopback?

About 6 oz ctz. 2 oz mosaic. 2 oz el dorado, 5oz cascade. 2 oz sterling.

I do 1oz each of cascade, ctz, el dorado and mosaic at flameout and dry hop the same

But u have a lot cascade and can use that where ever

Ddicker that's exactly what I'm gonna do. Thanks!

Bitter with CTZ @ 60 for most of your IBUs. 1/2 oz each of CTZ and Mosaic @20, 1oz Cascade @ 5, whirlpool @ 180° with 1 oz each el dorado & Cascade plus 1/2 oz CTZ, dry hop with 1 oz each Cascade & Mosaic plus 1/2 oz each CTZ & el dorado.

Back