help with grain bill and sparging.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sar_dog_1

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a question about grain bill and sparging.

I ordered a irish red AG kit from morebeer.com that I am going to brew this weekend. My question is can I batch sparge efficiently with this kit? I know I am supposed to increase the grain bill 5 percent to batch sparge. I would love any input.

Also I have a fly sparge arm but I am doing a double brew ( haus pale ale) so I am trying to save time by batch sparging both brews. Thanks in advance!!

I go back and forth between continuous sparging (fly sparging) and batch sparging all the time. You can do whichever you wish for any grainbill.

You shouldn't need 5% more grain- my sparging methods give me the same OG for either process.

I have done both but now only batch sparge as I did not really notice a discernible difference in efficiency. There should be no reason to increase the grain bill unless you do find that your efficiency has dropped but I doubt it will.

Back