Help with fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JByer323

Reaction score
I'm finally at the point that my parents, who are so generously allowing me to stay at their place while I finish up a couple B.S. degrees, no longer look at homebrewing as an odd hobby. We have bottling parties, and my dad who used to claim he doesn't like beer now helps me formulate new recipes to try.

Last night over dinner as we were discussing upcoming brew days, they gave me the go ahead to turn half the garage into a brewery, and I wasn't even the one who suggested the idea! :ban:

I'm fairly certain this is an effort to get seven carboys and other misc. crap out of my mother's former dining room. ;)

I have a chest freezer that I'm already working on, and have begun pricing out stuff for a Brutus 10 style rig.

My issue is that I am completely clueless on the plumbing required for both a keezer and an AG rig. I read about camlocks, bulkheads, FFL fittings, MFL fittings, clovers, and a whole lot of other stuff, and have no idea whatsoever what is being talked about. This is a bit embarrassing to ask; I look at some of the brew rigs and can figure out the wiring specifics for semi-automated systems, but the plumbing totally escapes me.

Can someone give me a basic homebrew fittings primer?

I appreciate the help, and apologize if this should be posted in the DIY or Newb forums.

You are not alone i am also in the midst of constructing a brutus system. I have plans measurements and everything drawn out except plumbing...Now to buy that damn welder and go to work! Friends have a fabrication shop so hopefully they don't mind me lugging crap to there place! Good Luck

Back