Help with first brew. no hops...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farmacy

Reaction score
So, I went out last week and decided to purchase my first kit. Along with the kit I picked up Coopers Australian Pale Ale and also grabbed Coopers Irish Stout. I start brewing and everything seems smooth... too smooth... They forgot to put the hops in the bag.. Seeing how I do not have any hops. How will both turn out without adding any hops?? Thanks in advance.

Beerme.jpg

If they are the Coopers canned kits they are pre hopped, all you do is add sugar, water and yeast.

I've never used coopers but like the guys above me I heard that those coopers cans are prehopped. So you should be G2G.

Well I know the guy at LHBS said he forgot to throw in the hops and he would throw me 2 oz's next time I made it by. The only problem is the place is not just around the corner.

Those Cooper's kits are prehopped no boil beer kits. They already have hops and malt extract in them, so you don't need to add hops.

I'm not a fan of Cooper's at all, but I know several brewers on this forum have made what they consider drinkable beer out of them.

This is the kit they gave me.

Coopers Irish Stout w/yeast
Bag of Malt Extract
Burton water Salts
Priming Sugar

ingrediants.jpg

Farmacy said:
This is the kit they gave me.

Coopers Irish Stout w/yeast
Bag of Malt Extract
Burton water Salts
Priming Sugar

Yup pre hopped, I made the same kit (before moving to AG), I used 3lbs of DME and it was on the sweeter side but very drinkable. I really liked their English Bitter made for a great session beer.

Back