Help with completed remote dispensing build!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexphil3025

Reaction score
Well after almost a year I have completed my keezer with remote dispensing build. Ran my first sixtel, Harpoon Camp Wanna Mango, and ran into some issues. I ran the keg at 11-12 PSI and had issues with the first few pours being foamy. I just dealt with it and kicked the keg pretty quick. The problem I believe is my system is not balanced properly. When pouring, the beer seems to flow out of the tap at different rates? I'm not sure if I just need to mess with the pressure to dial it in or add more vinyl line? Just picked up two more kegs, Kona Big Wave and Cape May Brewery The Bog Shandy, and I don't want to ruin these kegs before I brew my own.

Here's what my system consists of:

• Freezer converted to Keezer, Set at 41 Degrees
  • 15 ft Micro Matic Trunk Line, GenX Tubing 1/4ID 2 Product and 2 Glycol, .30 restriction value.
  • Additional 10ft of 1/4ID Vinyl Tubing coiled up inside keezer
  • Pond Pump cycling glycol from keezer to shanks in trunk line

I'm a beginner to all this and have read many threads here to get me set up to where I'm at now. I have tried the online calculators to balance my system but with the GenX tubing values I think I'm off? What am I doing wrong! I have attached pictures with measurements of my system.

IMG_3875.jpg
[/url]upload image online free[/IMG]

keg_mes.jpg
[/url]photo uploading[/IMG]

IMG_3868.jpg
[/url]upload pictures[/IMG]

IMG_3871.jpg
[/url]image hosting[/IMG]

IMG_3872.jpg
[/url]adult image hosting[/IMG]

IMG_3874.jpg
[/url]image hosting over 5mb[/IMG]

Everything I have read seems to say that most calculators are wrong. Have you tried reducing down around the 8 PSI mark and trying that out?

Not that I know anything I dont keg.

The tubing that goes from the trunk line to the shanks appears to be rather large in diameter, what size is that? You always want to decrease tubing ID the closer you get to the faucet, never increase diameter. An increased ID downstream of a smaller ID will always cause foaming, as when the carbonated beer reaches that larger diameter tubing there is a pressure drop and dissolved CO2 will start to evolve out of solution and cause foamy pours.

Awesome build!!

Back