Help with Co2 tank on kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLug

Reaction score
long time lurker here...

So i got my tank filled and now when i attach it the Co2 is leaking from the tank attachment. It doesn't appear that I am missing anything. Nothing appears to have fallen out. Never happened before. What am i missing? I attached some pics. Any help is appreciated.

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

Assuming you fully tightened the coupler nut, it appears the face of the tank valve versus the location of the coupler o-ring aren't getting together nicely. It may be your o-ring has compressed over time, or it could be that the o-ring isn't fully sealing because of that groove carved into the tank valve face.

I'd also bet if you stuck a conventional coupler washer in there it would work just fine...

Cheers!

So after I stopped being a girl about it and tightened it more it stopped leaking. I am normally a hulk smash kinda guy so i was being conservative, trying not to break it. But in my defense I have never had to tighten it that much in the past that i can recall.

Back