Help with an DIPA/IIPA Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eauclairedan

Reaction score
Hey folks!
I have some leftovers from some brews last weekend and would like to make a simple but strong IPA. Any suggestions for a small batch (3-4 gallons)? Here is what I have on hand:

8lbs 2-row
1lb of Munich
0.5lb Crystal 60L

1oz Warrior pellets (15%aa)
Lots of Cascades pelletsn(5.5%aa) (still over a pound in my freezer)

US-05 yeast

Any ideas or help would be appreciated!

I would probably use all of those grains for the grist (for a 3.5 gallon batch brewersfriend puts you at 1.074 @ 75% efficiency) and they actually work out to a pretty good ratio of base grains and specialty grains. Then I would just use the warrior for a 60 min addition and use the cascade for your hopstand and dryhopping. Easy peasy

Here's what I would do...
.6 oz Warrior at 60
1 oz Cascade at 10
3 oz Hopstand Steep
2 oz Dryhop
Cascade in Keg, or Hop Tea @ Bottling

Add Cane Sugar

Well, just ended up winging it with the ingredients I had. 3.5 gallons after mash and boil. Was kind of being lazy with my mash and ended up with a horrible efficiency and a beer of 1.070 so closer to a normal IPA. Unfortunately used the whole ounce of warrior at 60 min, so this will be bitter. Tons of late addition and steeped cascades with plans to dry hop. Took off like a rocket so I should know soon how it tastes. Cheers!

image.jpg

Back