Help with a recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morario84

Reaction score
So I've only brewed twice so far. 1st time was the caribou slobber recipe from Northern Brewer, which came out great! 2nd time I went with the dead ringer recipe from NB, but went and got my ingredients from a local brew store. Beer came out OK but was super cloudy (turns out I'm not the brewmaster I thought I was.. yet) Right now I have the Northern brewer essential starter kit, but I like the hobby and I'm willing to get some more equipment.

So I had this great beer over the holidays called Père Noël and decided I wanted to try and make it.

I haven't really found a recipe for it though.. a simple google search turned up a few that don't seem right (scottish hops for a belgian?).. Looked on the recipe database here too and nothing jumped out at me.

I haven't done an all grain or partial batch yet, but I would give it a shot if someone had a recipe idea. :mug:

Yeah, extract would be preferable, but if someone did an all gain or partial mash of something similar that came out great, I might just go for it. I have some more experienced friends that can hopefully help me out if I need to do that.

I only did 1 extract batch before switching to all grain, but I did a LOT of reading before building even the first piece of equipment. My first AG batch turned out really well, however. If you're interested in doing an AG batch then you may want to look into BIAB methods since they require very little equipment beyond what you already have for extract.

Back