Help using up hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfman1

Reaction score
I have a LOT of the following hops I'm trying to use up: Grand admiral, bravo, glacier, nugget, legacy, willamette,. Any suggestions on beer styles/ recipes to use them up? I brew 11 gallon batches and want to use as much as possible on 1 batch. Thank you.

I've been in this situation and I made a black IPA and just used everything I had. Input the higher acid hops in at the beginning of the boil and everything else in at 5-10 minutes and then I had some willamette I think that I dry hopped with. It was a little different but good none the less.

That is kinda what I was thinking but I have made a few black IPAs just recently. Thanks for the reply.

I could see the glacier, legacy and willamette going well in an English IPA and/or barleywine, with the bravo and admiral used for bittering. If you have a ton of Nugget, it's a nice atypical choice as a flavor hop in American ales, either all by itself or as part of a team.

Back