Help selecting kegs...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewnskiinvt

Reaction score
I plan on getting a couple corny kegs. I've seen some with a metal strap handle and some w/ rubber handles. Can i assume the only advantage to the latter is to protect everything on the top of the keg in case of a drop? thanks!

I have some of both. I preferred the single handle kegs in my first keezer because it was a tight fit and those kegs are ever so slightly thinner than the rubber tops. There's not much difference between them. There's a much greater difference between ball lock vs pin lock kegs both in dimensions and price, but again, rubber top or single strap makes little difference.

I'm looking for a couple new ball lock cornys. Any good site recommendations? I'm pretty sure I'm getting a 2 line kegco kegerator for them

Wow thats a heck of a deal!
Funny that about 10 years ago I bought a dozen for $17 each shipped, but I guess those days are gone.

[Edit] I see the 4 pack is pin lock kegs. Still good deal, just won't work for me or my buddy, both looking for more ball locks.

Is $60 a bad price for a good used ball lock???
That is about the best price I have found so far.
There are ones available with a broken handle, or loose rubber foot. Or "ugly" ones with the pinkish rubber for around $35, but for a nice example, of genuine pepsi ball locks, I haven't found a much better price.

I bought one of the $75 brand new ones from AIH (and 2 of the 2.5 gal ones), and it is nice and shiny, but no more functional than the others.

All my other ones have came from cornykeg.com and they are $60.95
In my searches, this has been the best deal I have found.
(These are also supposed to be refurbished, with new o-rings and such. One of mine had a leaky relief valve, and they replaced it quickly.)

Back