Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Bell

Reaction score
Hello my name is Robert and I recently have put a pressed together I am utilizing an inkbird Rex c100 controller I want my heating elements to stay around 160 degrees Fahrenheit I have no instructions or manual I need to get this butter up and running I was hoping somebody could walk me through it I sure would appreciate it thank you

Hello my name is Robert and I recently have put a pressed together I am utilizing an inkbird Rex c100 controller I want my heating elements to stay around 160 degrees Fahrenheit I have no instructions or manual I need to get this butter up and running I was hoping somebody could walk me through it I sure would appreciate it thank you

Hello Robert, Welcome to HBT,

Which do you have? an inkbird or a rex c100 because those are two completely different pids as far as I know? The rex c100 pids are chinese knockoffs made in china but often sold with labeling saying they are from japan and another manufacturer, they have many different sets of internals depending on who made the knockoff. They do not all function the same either.

Unless inkbird started branding these as well, I dont believe thats an inkbird pid as these clones predate inkbird and they are very limited in function. (I have one I used for a couple months). The rex pids dont do fahrenheit for one thing you will have to deal in Celsius and they dont hold temps all that well... Many of these rex pids arent set up to control ssrs either.

My advice is to get a better pid, one with manual pwm mode and instructions lat least like the mypin TD4 SNR or the inkbird 106vh or even an auber unit.

Back