Help on a recipe Plz.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grim_Ale

Reaction score
Ok i am wanting to brew a super hopped IPA using Cascade and im still thinking on some others.

How does this sound? ( Extract )

12 lbs Ulatra Light LME.

2 1/2 oz ( Hop of Choice ) 60 mins

2 oz ( Hop of Choice ) 30 mins

1 oz ( Hop of Choice ) 20 mins

1 oz ( Hop of Choice ) 10 mins

1 oz dry hopped after ferm.

My question is how is this hop schedule?

Hopparific?

Hoptastic?

Honestly, I don't think 12# of extra pale LME followed by as much hops as you can cram into your brew pot qualifies as an IPA. It's more like... hop tea?

What's your final volume? If it's going to be 5 gallons then you're looking at an O.G. of 1.099 and a pretty viscous boil.

Your hop schedule is pretty vague, it'd be a better approach to look at what hops you have, their aa%, and then apply it/customize to your particular batch.

I've got a 5 gallon batch of Imperial IPA in the primary right now that had 6.5oz of various aa% and aroma hops added at 6 different time points during the boil...and then 6 oz. of various aroma hops added to primary.

Most folks I know like to bitter with a high alpha hop like Warrior or Horizon and then flavor with Centennial, Cascade, Simcoe, Amarillo etc.

Then again, it all really depends on what hops you have...and what you can get.

Honestly, I don't think 12# of extra pale LME followed by as much hops as you can cram into your brew pot qualifies as an IPA. It's more like... hop tea?

I was thinking the same thing but actually got a kit from B3 that was a rogue I2PA clone and it was 12lbs Ultralight LME and 3 kinds of hops and then cascade dry hops.

No specialty grains/steeping grains at all.

OG was 1.084 for 5 gals.

I just didnt think it had enough hop flavor so i was gonna stick to the 12 lbs of Malt extract and change the hop and AA %

Back