Help needed w/ plumbing conical fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcorn

Reaction score
Alright so I bought one of those Biodiesel/wine beer inductor tanks(polyethylene food grade material) from spraysmarter.com in a 15 gallon model for my soon to be 10 gallon batches. I am having trouble locating the appropriate plumbing equipment. I want everything I use to be food grade and not harm my fermenting beer. I have seen people on here making their plumbing from regular pvc piping. But I have also read that the acidity of beer pulls chemicals and plasticides out of regular pvc. Cpvc is food grade but such a pain to find parts in. Brass contains lead and I do not want lead in my brew. Copper gives off flavors to the beer and puts too much zinc into the beer from what Ive read (zinc is good for the yeast growth but only before fermentation). Stainless steel seems like my only option at this point but I am afraid of destroying my poly threading with it and causing a leak. I have found alot of polyethylene reducers and fittings online but they say that the product is "glass reinforced polyethylene" and to me that is fiberglass in a way.

The bottom of the inductor tank has a threaded 1.5" female port. I am looking to reduce the size to 1" and tee off to the side a 1/2" ball valve for beer transfers. I am looking to have the bottom of that tee drop off into a 1" ball valve for yeast dumping. This setup is similar to "DT'S Conical Build" thread on here. Any suggestions on parts? Thanks guys

Back