help needed please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suemorris

Reaction score
:)Hi everyone, 1st timer here! just wondered if anyone could please help me out? i'm on my 2nd batch of homemade wine,the 1st turned out fine,taste's great and is as clear as anything so.. i thought ok this is going great i'll start my 2nd batch,the first time i forgot to take a sp reading so im unsure of the %,this time i remembered i started with a reading of 1080 and now it's reading 990,can anyone tell me if i'm working the % out correctly? my calculation has ended up with a 11.6% which i would be very happy with lol,many thanks in advance :mug::drunk:

:)Hi everyone, 1st timer here! just wondered if anyone could please help me out? i'm on my 2nd batch of homemade wine,the 1st turned out fine,taste's great and is as clear as anything so.. i thought ok this is going great i'll start my 2nd batch,the first time i forgot to take a sp reading so im unsure of the %,this time i remembered i started with a reading of 1080 and now it's reading 990,can anyone tell me if i'm working the % out correctly? my calculation has ended up with a 11.6% which i would be very happy with lol,many thanks in advance :mug::drunk:

That seems fine for a wine. To go from 1.080 to .990 is pretty typical.

The easy way to do ABV is (OG-FG) x 131 = ABV.

So, I come up with 11.79%.

Back