Help me with my water report

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treacheroustexan

Reaction score
Someone on my homebrew clubs facebook page posted this water report for Cleveland. I have been using camden tabs in my water and using straight cold tap water. Should I be adding anything else to my water or does this look okay? Is it worth it to get a ward labs kit? Sorry it's kind of small.

clevelandwater.jpg

Based off the picture, you need to be looking at Inorganics and miscellaneous section. If Im reading this right, you will need to convert to PPM and adjust what you need based off your beer style. The link below can help you identify what to add to hit your profile.

byo.com/color/item/1478-the-elements-of-brewing-water

Im in Colorado Springs we have great water, we only have to add Calcium Sulfate for Ales and Calcium Chloride for lagers. Our report looks like this...

pH 7.7
Calcium 7.0 PPM
Magnesium 1.0 PPM
Sodium 6.0 PPM
Sulfate 5.0 PPM
Chloride 1.0 PPM
Bicarbonate 24.0 PPM

I hope this helps

Based off the picture, you need to be looking at Inorganics and miscellaneous section. If Im reading this right, you will need to convert to PPM and adjust what you need based off your beer style. The link below can help you identify what to add to hit your profile.

byo.com/color/item/1478-the-elements-of-brewing-water

Im in Colorado Springs we have great water, we only have to add Calcium Sulfate for Ales and Calcium Chloride for lagers. Our report looks like this...

pH 7.7
Calcium 7.0 PPM
Magnesium 1.0 PPM
Sodium 6.0 PPM
Sulfate 5.0 PPM
Chloride 1.0 PPM
Bicarbonate 24.0 PPM

I hope this helps

Thanks. Reading through that page now.

Last edited:
Back