help me with my kegging question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EcuPirate07

Beer is a food group
Reaction score
So I kegged my beer a while ago, its a cream ale. I would say its been carbing for at least 4 days. Well when I go to pour some from my tap it comes out really slow compaired to my other keg which it comes out pretty fast, I feel like this keg dosent hold pressure as well as my other keg but as far as I can tell I dont have a leak because im not losing CO2 on my regulator and when I purge a little air you can hear it fill back up.

I guess my real question is would it be a problem to purge my keg and switch the tops to see if I get a better seal. Most of the time I was rdwhahb but I made this for my wedding which is oh May 8th so im running out of time to make sure its carbed and ready to go for the wedding. Sorry for the long post just wanna make sure I got all my bases covered.

Ya that's fine you will loose very little of the Co2 in solution when you get the new lid in hook back up to co2 until you can't hear it thru the regulator disconnect and spray the lid and poppets with your starsan spray bottle to check for leaks. A couple other things to check is make sure your gauge gauge is ok on the reg. And make sure your not running outta Co2 in the tank itself. Are your beer lines different length?

Ya that's fine you will loose very little of the Co2 in solution when you get the new lid in hook back up to co2 until you can't hear it thru the regulator disconnect and spray the lid and poppets with your starsan spray bottle to check for leaks. A couple other things to check is make sure your gauge gauge is ok on the reg. And make sure your not running outta Co2 in the tank itself. Are your beer lines different length?

Sweet thanks for the info. No the beer lines arnt different lengths they are all the same. So thats why i find it weird that the pour is so slow with this keg compaired to my other one.

Back