Help me with my cities water report (link)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarCityBrewMaster

Reaction score
I don't really know where the correct place is to post this so I figured I'd start with the Beginners section.

I know nothing really about the quality of my water so I pulled up the water report for 2010 in my local area. After viewing it, I am still as clueless as before. :drunk:

I'd appreciate anyone, who does understand what it is you want out of your water profile, to take a look at our water quality and sharing with me any details.

Thanks!

LINK
http://www.westernvawater.org/85256A8D0062C8D5/vwFilesByName/WVWAMisc/$File/WaterQualityRke2010.pdf

They have alot of disposable income to make it that fancy! Mine is just the facts. But then I have to make my own, you have a big enough city they have someone that probably just does this.

Numbers all look fine IMO. Salem seems to have the most problem maintaining consistency, but nothing out of line. I would love to have my TTHMs that low. pH is pretty low for a municipal system based on here in Ohio, but that is a good thing for the most part. A carbon filter will remove the chlorine, if you want to get real fussy you could run it through a brita. I wouldn't, but it will lower fluoride and some other inorganics if that matters.

Back