Help me troubleshoot kegging problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffNYC

Reaction score
Just kegged two beers and hooked up to a newly filled CO2 tank. I get pressure indicated for the tank (the horizontal gauge at the end), but both of the top two keg gauges reflect no pressure, nor is there any in the two kegs. I did take off the tank a week prior to fill. Any views on what is going wrong here? Ice build or something?

One more question, how many kegs/months do people typically get out of a 5 lbs tank.

Thanks.

This may be a silly question (I hope it's not insulting), but did you open the shutoff valves on the regulator and turn up the pressure using the dial(s)? I know that my regulator is not the most sensitive instrument and sometimes when the dial doesn't seem to be changing the pressure, it just means I need to keep turning...

EDIT: To be clear, I have no idea whether you are a veteran kegger or this is your first time, that's why I'm asking. If you have done this before, you can disregard my question.

This may be a silly question (I hope it's not insulting), but did you open the shutoff valves on the regulator and turn up the pressure using the dial(s)? I know that my regulator is not the most sensitive instrument and sometimes when the dial doesn't seem to be changing the pressure, it just means I need to keep turning...

EDIT: To be clear, I have no idea whether you are a veteran kegger or this is your first time, that's why I'm asking. If you have done this before, you can disregard my question.
This is what I was thinking also

Yep, opened each valve (and closed and opened again)..nada. Checked CO2 was going to the right "In" for keg. Been kegging for around 8 years, never had any issues before.

Doh! Tightened up the screws (a lot), they must have loosened in the week or so without pressure. All is good. Saison and American Wheat next weekend!

Back