Help me spend $1,500 on all equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julohan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I've been out of the game for four years. I had sold all my previous equipment 4 years ago. I'm looking at all the websites that I could remember. There seems to be so much different brands out now. Just trying to find the best deals for getting all new equipment. I need everything. I want a 5 gallon batch system. Also, I want to get a keg setup, I don't want to deal with bottles.

BIAB would help you accomplish this pretty easily.

Get a bayou classic kettle on Amazon a wilserbag from here on the forums. Find a decent burner you like such as the bayou classic sq14 or something nicer like a blichmann burner. Find a chest freezer / kegs on Craigslist

I would strongly recommend Nor Cal for your false bottoms and hardware :)

What? He asked.... :)

Welcome back to the game! Glad to see you back on the board....

Cheers
Jay

I'll check out Nor Cal.

I'm not interested in BIAB.

I'm went to a couple websites and I can get around 1,500. I just can't decide what brands of kettles to purchase. Most likely I'll get a decent BK and then just get a cooler HLT and MLT.

I am just barely in the starting process of all of this (I joined the forum in hopes of seeing all of my options for purchasing my first set up) and one of my friends directed me to Northern Brewer (https://www.northernbrewer.com/) for buying. They have some pretty good kits set up for first time brewers and as far as I have seen it all seems fairly reasonable in price. They have all sorts of stuff on there too from BIAB to All-grain. At least for getting started up again, it could be a good start!

I just posted a video on YouTube outlining the SS Brewing Technologies Chronical - Brewmaster Edition if you're looking to drop a good portion on the cold side of the brewing equipment side. ;-)

The video can be seen here: https://youtu.be/If2VDZFjoqQ

Welcome back to homebrewing!

First off, dig the avatar. "With the right Danny... Properly"

As for the setup, get some stainless kettles from AIH, a Rubbermaid Cooler as a faux HLT, a FB from NorCal, a BoilCoil (or some type of element) so you dont have to mess with propane, then spend the rest on kegs and a co2 tank.

I'll check out Nor Cal.

I'm not interested in BIAB.

I'm went to a couple websites and I can get around 1,500. I just can't decide what brands of kettles to purchase. Most likely I'll get a decent BK and then just get a cooler HLT and MLT.

Out of curiosity, why no interest in BIAB? I do both 3V EHERMS setup and a Propane/EBIAB setup. I have probably 2k tied up in my 3 vessel kettles and fittings alone where my BIAB kettle / bag setup is about $150 Ive won and equal amount of medals on each setup. If I had it all to do over again I would invest solely in a EBIAB setup in terms of hot side and then spend all the rest of that money on fermentation and cold side stuff.

Back